12 August 2016

Wild Orchid

Hello,

I have been sitting on this lip crayon for a while. I knew I wanted a plum toned lipstick for the cooler months but I just couldn't prepare myself to wear it now in the hot Summer but somehow I managed (soft neutral eye, bronzed cheeks and statement lip can work in warmer months perfectly). I wanted to post it as soon as possible since it is discontinued but you might still find it among the sale pages.


Avon ultra color lip crayon in Wild Orchid was part of the limited edition in the Winter, hence the stars on the packaging.


I'm glad it is a twist up pencil where sharpener is not required, otherwise it is soft and easy to navigate but after the tip wears down it is a little bit challenging to apply nicely. The tip gets chubby and when you have thin lips it can be hard but I solve the problem with applying lip liner first and then filling it with the lipstick and it works.


 Avon ultra color lip crayon Wild Orchid 

This is the lip swatch made on its own without the lip liner. The product is creamy not completely matte but after an hour or so it looses the shine and it appears almost matte. If worn alone it transfers onto the glass but I solved it with some translucent powder on top and then I added another layer, it still leaves the mark on the cup but the color on the lips looks almost perfect. After a couple of hours of wearing it I was left it even stain which lost some of the intensity but was still visible and presentable. The only thing that bothers me is the color. In the packaging it looks more plumy and purple but on my lips it is more of a pink color.

Avon ultra glimmerstick Simply Spice and Avon ultra color lip crayon Wild Orchid 

I solved the problem with brown toned nude lip liner worn underneath (Avon ultra glimmerstick in Simply Spice). Mixed together I got darker more plum inspired shade. Here you can see that it losses some of the gloss but I can always add clear lip balm or gloss on top to fix it.

Overall I think it is a nice lip product, staying power with lip liner is great, the transfer isn't too bad, it is comfortable to wear and the color is beautiful. I am impressed and I might pick some more shades.



Thank you for reading and have a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment